See below for current open positions at MPFS. If you are interested in applying for a position not currently listed, we encourage you to submit your resume to be kept on file for future openings. Please email all applications to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Media-Providence Friends School is seeking a long-term substitute in the capacity of a full-time third-grade teacher between February 10th and June 5th, 2020.
At MPFS, teachers have responsibility for:
Planning and Preparation
- Demonstrating knowledge of content and pedagogy
- Demonstrating knowledge of students
- Setting instructional outcomes
- Demonstrating knowledge of resources
- Designing coherent instruction
- Designing student assessment
- Creating a community of respect, rapport, and trust, consistent with Quaker values
- Establishing a culture of learning
- Managing classroom procedures
- Managing student behavior
- Organizing physical space
- Communicating strong content knowledge with students
- Discussing and questioning practice
- Engaging students in learning
- Using assessment in learning
- Demonstrating flexibility and responsiveness
Ideal candidates will have a Bachelor's degree in elementary education and experience teaching in an elementary classroom. For consideration, please send a resume and educational philosophy (in one document, please) to email@example.com.
Media Providence Friends School is an equal opportunity employer. We do not exclude anyone on the basis of race, religion, gender identity, nationality, ethnic origin or sexual orientation.