Tax Credits for Tuition Aid Supporting MPFS Since 2005
Pennsylvania's Educational Improvement Tax Credit (EITC) and Opportunity Scholarship Tax Credit (OSTC) programs enable businesses, partnerships and S-corp shareholders to reduce their Pennsylvania state tax liability -- up to $750,000 per year -- and gain a charitable giving deduction on Federal taxes by making a donation to support need-based scholarships for worthy students at MPFS.
How to Participate
- Decide which program is the best fit for your organization. You can find program information on the EITC and OSTC pages on the Department of Community and Economic Development (DCED) website or contact Cynthia McGoff at MPFS with any questions.
- Apply online via the link on the DCED Single Application page. Register for a login if you don't already have one, and then complete the one-page online application for either the EITC or OSTC program. Please note: You will be asked to select either EITC or OSTC in this application; and, in addition, if your first choice is unavailable, whether you would like apply for the other program. Please answer YES to this question. There is virtually no difference from the business’ perspective. MPFS qualifies for both programs. Here is the business online application guide.
- Upon receipt of your approval letter from the DCED, you have 60 calendar days from the date of that letter to make a contribution to Media-Providence Friends School.
Send your check to:
Media-Providence Friends School
125 West Third Street
Media, PA 19063
- An acknowledgement will be sent upon receipt of your check. Simply mail a copy of this acknowledgement with the completed form that arrived with your approval letter to the PA Department of Revenue within 90 days of the date of your approval letter.
Eligible Taxes Eligible Taxes to which credits can be applied:
- Personal Income Tax
- Capital Stock/Foreign Franchise Tax
- Corporate Net Income Tax
- Bank Shares Tax
- Title Insurance & Trust Company Shares Tax
- Insurance Premium Tax (excluding surplus lines, unauthorized, domestic/foreign marine)
- Mutual Thrift Tax
- Malt Beverage Tax
- Retaliatory Fees under section 212 of the Insurance Company Law of 1921
If you have more questions about the EITC or OSTC programs, please contact MPFS’ Advancement Office at 610.565.1960 x106.
The following contributions from corporations and businesses through the EITC and OSTC programs enabled MPFS families to receive more than $996,896 in financial aid.
Alliance Business Systems
Brandywine Brokerage Company
Brooks Provisions Inc.
Bryn Mawr Trust Company
Delaware County Community Foundation
Dental Arts on the Square
H.A. Thomson Company-Municipal
Haverford Systems Inc.
Hawkins Technologies LLC
Iron Workers Bank
J.M. Doyle & Associates
Keystone Health Plan East/ Independence Blue Cross
Michael R. Rhile Carpentry, Inc.
National Bank of Malvern
PA Partners for Education, LLC
Phelan Hallinan Diamond & Jones, LLP
Philadelphia Insurance Companies
Philip Rosenau Co. Inc.
Priority Express Courier
Roffman Miller Associates Inc.
Rose Valley Asset Management
The Community Foundation
The Hub, LLC
The MCS Group Inc.
UGI Energy Services, Inc.
UGI Storage Company
Universal Health Services, Inc
BHC Holdings, Inc.
Pennsylvania Clinical Schools
UHS of Fairmount Inc.
UHS of Pennsylvania
UHS Recovery Foundation
United Savings Bank
Utica National Insurance Group