Charitable Remainder Annuity Trust
Establish a trust from which you and/or other beneficiaries receive annual payments of a fixed dollar amount for life and/or a specified term of years, with assets passing to the MPFS to be used for your designated purpose. MPFS offers Charitable Gift Annuities in partnership with Friends Fiduciary Corporation (FFC), a Quaker, non-profit organization providing socially responsible investment management services exclusively to Quaker meetings, churches, schools, and organizations.
BENEFITS OF A CHARITABLE REMAINDER ANNUITY TRUST
- Receive fixed income for life or a term of up to 20 years
- Avoid capital gains tax on the sale of your appreciated assets
- Receive an immediate charitable income tax deduction for the charitable remainder portion of your gift to MPFS
HOW A CHARITABLE REMAINDER ANNUITY TRUST WORKS
- You transfer assets (cash or securities, minimum $10,000) to FFC to fund your charitable gift annuity (CGA)
- In the case of a trust funded with appreciated assets, the trust will then sell the assets tax-free.
- The trust is invested to pay fixed income to you or any other trust beneficiaries you select based on a life, lives, or a term of up to 20 years.
- You receive an income tax deduction in the year you transfer assets to the trust.
- Our school benefits from what remains in the trust after all the trust payments have been made.
MORE ON CHARITABLE REMAINDER ANNUITY TRUSTS
If you are tired of the fluctuating stock market and want to receive fixed payments, a charitable remainder annuity trust may provide you with the stability you desire. A charitable remainder annuity trust pays a fixed amount each year based on the value of the property at the time the trust is funded. To learn more about CGAs and to use the Online Gift Calculator, go to Charitable Gift Annuities.