Donor Advised Fund
A donor-advised fund (DAF) is a philanthropic giving vehicle that provides an immediate tax benefit to you and allows you to grant funds to MPFS. Funding a DAF and recommending the MPFS for your charitable contribution is a great way to give.
BENEFITS OF A DONOR ADVISED FUND
- Establish a flexible vehicle for annual charitable giving
- Benefit from a more tax and cost-efficient alternative to a private foundation
- Receive an estate tax deduction and savings from your gift
- Obtain a charitable income tax deduction in the year of your gift
HOW A DONOR ADVISED FUND WORKS
- You make an initial, irrevocable gift of cash or stock to fund a DAF for MPFS
- The assets in your DAF grow tax-free.
- You make annual recommendations on gifts to be made from your DAF.
- When you pass away, your children may recommend charitable gifts from your DAF.
HOW TO SET UP FOR MPFS
- Contact your fund manager and recommend supporting MPFS, along with the amount of the grant. Your fund manager will send a check directly to MPFS from your fund.
- Please inform the Development office at MPFS of your intent. Provide your DAF with the following information:
Media-Providence Friends School
125 W. Third Street
Media, PA 19063
Attn: Development Office