Stock and Appreciated Securities
Donating appreciated securities, including stocks or bonds, is an easy and tax-effective way for you to make a gift to MPFS. We recommend that donors consult their financial advisor before making financial decisions.
BENEFITS OF GIFTS OF STOCKS AND BONDS
- Avoid paying capital gains tax on the sale of appreciated stock
- Receive a charitable income tax deduction
- Further our mission today
HOW TO MAKE A GIFT OF STOCKS AND BONDS
A wire transfer is the easiest way to make a gift of stock.
- Inform the Advancement Office of your intent to transfer. Please specify:
- purpose of the gift (which endowment fund would you like it to go towards)
- number of shares
- company name
- stock symbol
- brokerage institution that is sending it
2. Provide your broker with the following information
- MPFS' TD Ameritrade account number: 757618939
- DTC number: 0188
Your broker will give you the appropriate paperwork to complete. Please ask him/her to send notice of the gift specifics and date to:
Media-Providence Friends School
125 West Third Street
Media, PA 19063
Attn: Development Office
If you have an original stock certificate, please call the Advancement Office at 610.565.1960 x106 for transfer instructions.